02-21 5PM: Data corrupted

Mon, Feb 21 2005 19:26
Vatsis
cold capital of Finland
Posts 3,384
SystemAdministrator
Still having (new) problems.

This time, it wasn't me... (your got to believe me, I wouldn't tought anything!). ...if the server just had managed to survive for another 3 hours, it had reached the checkpoint. But now we have to continue where we were yesterday. The news section could be changed '40 hours of data lost'. Yes, THAT SUCKS!

The mainpage script said something about 'cast error', which i suppose is because data being corrupted (trying to convert 1 data type to another). Hopefully this forum script will keep things together until I get the new version installed and the old data migrated (this week?). Another thing is the E-drive being not every time I restart the Windows... those people at ServerMatrix just don't see that as a problem (?!).

Next month I hopefully have the couple hundred dollars to buy the gold license and then somebody else will try to fix the problems. I'm getting too tired with this shit.
Mon, Feb 21 2005 19:57
mike_op18
Netherlands
Posts 1,460
V.

I'm not too sure, but all of the posts I did last night (reposts, really) from 20-02-2005; 23.00u to 21-02-2005; 3.00u are still all safe.

I got the same error reports from the www.peachy18.com site, not the home-page but any link from the home-page. Dunno if that's any help.

The error was concentrated on line 132 in my error report.

Keep up the reat work!               mike. 

Tue, Feb 22 2005 5:23
Vatsis
cold capital of Finland
Posts 3,384
SystemAdministrator
 mike_onpeachy18 wrote:

I'm not too sure, but all of the posts I did last night (reposts, really) from 20-02-2005; 23.00u to 21-02-2005; 3.00u are still all safe.

Hmm, interesting... yes, it seems that not all the posts are lost. And when i look the system timer, it seems the problem started when we were in the half way of making backups... I'l keep checking what might have caused the problem.

Thanks...
Tue, Feb 22 2005 5:58
funky2004
Amsterdam
Posts 90,340
Retired Moderator
 mike_onpeachy18 wrote:
V.

don't think so.  I'm afraid all posts since Feb.20 approx. 3.00 am are lost in all boards.  check your post history, your last post before this one dates back Feb.19 in Funny Stuff.
Tue, Feb 22 2005 6:18
funky2004
Amsterdam
Posts 90,340
Retired Moderator
Also noted that the Clean Up of dead links etc. is effective again.

Is this the 'old' situation of last Sunday or a new Clean-Up ?

Could this have contributed to the problems as well ??

Tue, Feb 22 2005 8:19
funky2004
Amsterdam
Posts 90,340
Retired Moderator
 Vatsis wrote:
. The news section could be changed '40 hours of data lost'. 

you might want to change the link in that news-header.
(it is leading to Raven Riley's thread in Nude Fanclub)

Tue, Feb 22 2005 15:10
Vatsis
cold capital of Finland
Posts 3,384
SystemAdministrator
 funky2004 wrote:

Is this the 'old' situation of last Sunday or a new Clean-Up ?

Could this have contributed to the problems as well ??

When I restored the database I didn't use the backup before the clean-up incident. So, everythings quite fucked up.... however, I'm still running a script that could save the old links from the old backup (before the cleanup).

I'll update when I have some good news.
Tue, Feb 22 2005 21:10
mike_op18
Netherlands
Posts 1,460

Funky, Vatsis:

I've checked most of the reposts. All are safe.
The funny thing is, that although they were certainly posted 20/21 feb. dutch time, the time of posting in the bbs says 19-2-2005!!
The funny stuff post was from a different session, possibly on 19-2-2005.
I'm not sure what this means. Did you set back the clock Vatsis?   mike.
Wed, Feb 23 2005 5:52
fboiss
Posts 259
Hi vatsis,

Whenever you have a bit of time Stick out tongue try to fix some bugs:

Many emoticons do not show up right (different from the emoticon window).

It would be nice, after you post, to be brought back to the end of the thread rather than the beginning.

Finally whenever a thread is about to start a new page the page index in the subforum is off by one leading to an error when you click on the last page, or the ... (i.e. like http://bbs.peachy18.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=4479 which has 5 pages listed but the last post is on page 4)

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index] System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index) +91 AspNetForums.Controls.PostFlatView.InitializeSkin(Control skin) +1356 AspNetForums.Controls.SkinnedForumWebControl.CreateChildControls() +64 System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +100 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +38 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +125 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1499 

Wed, Feb 23 2005 8:41
fboiss
Posts 259
 funky2004 wrote:

Cleans more than dead links ! Wink Spotted stuff labelled - old link - although it's still on line but only C&P works.

as an example: http://bbs.peachy18.com/ShowPost.aspx?PageIndex=8&PostID=71327

Sort Posts: