No workarounds to banned sites by using stars, spaces etc.

No workarounds to banned sites by using stars, spaces etc.
Fri, Jan 16 2009 14:49
funky2004
Amsterdam
Posts 90,340
Retired Moderator

Example of a workaround to a banned site, to avoid automatic forum filter: htt*p://t u b*e9.com/sexypics

A lot of sites had to be banned by Peachy for a variety of reasons.  Mainly b.o. copyright issues.

Peachyforum is run by our webmaster and moderators-team as an expensive hobby.  Peachy does not have the means and financial resources to struggle with legal issues and arguing with lawyers serving us DMCA-notices.

Inspite of all this some of our members continue to post "workarounds" for links of banned sites.

Sometimes this was more or less tolerated or remained unnoticed.  Clearly things went out of control.

When posting you have to scroll down and read the rules which apply.  So you were warned !

In case you post a link to a banned site by accident then just edit your post deleting that link.  If, however, you edit it in such a way creating a 'workaround' then you are wittingly and deliberately breaking the rules, for which you have to face the consequences.

It is therefore necessary that from now on there will be a "Zero-Tolerance" with users continuing posting workaround links.

That means immediate banning from our boards.  No more no less !

Sun, Jan 18 2009 14:00
thegazman
Posts 199
Fellow members. I think that it is our "duty" not to use any workaround link, but to report them instead. This site is here for us to enjoy, for us to share - so its "us" that should look after it. After all, if a site is banned, for what ever reason, we should respect that.
Mon, Jan 18 2010 7:35
viaingo
Posts 1,188

so when people post and theres that giant thing that screams BANNED SITE. I think it should delete it imidiately. I hate checking my updates and having 2/4 of them have banned sites as the new posts.

Sort Posts: