broken links

Fri, Aug 11 2006 0:52
bishopmaximus3
Monastery Convent Of ORE
Posts 101

Dear Mods, any ideas / reasons why many of the links in the postings either are dead or go (redirect) to a totally diffrent site to that which is refered to.

I have come across hundreds (really!!)  in the archived thread alone, many of which point to what should be "good" links on the other peachy forums "peachy 18," peachy BBS."

Also, the search engine does not seem to be very good or even moderate. I did read that the search engine is going to be disabled, what is the future for a search option in each forum.

Whilst here, is there no spelling checker within the messaging application.

Best
Maximus

Fri, Aug 11 2006 7:26
funky2004
Amsterdam
Posts 90,340
Retired Moderator

Beggars can't be choosers........

Fri, Aug 11 2006 7:59
bishopmaximus3
Monastery Convent Of ORE
Posts 101

Dear Funky2004, that is a straight answer, which I like,  we consider the topic closed, or as we say around here "nuff said."

I would however add, that I like the idea of grouping the "sites under an heading," and appreciate how much hard work must have gone on to gather the various threads together.

I wonder if it would be possible to put an indexed listing in such as MS Access or MS Excel and then link to or embed the index at peachy.  I did that with a japanese group, but of course that was only on my computer here, no accessed by others.

Maybe I will have a go one fine winters night.

Best Respects and Regards
Maximus

Sort Posts: