does the search button actually work?

Mon, Jan 2 2006 5:55
pumper
Posts 117

I have searched several times before posting, and come up with nothing, only to be told that there is an existing thread after I have posted. The latest example is Yolka, I searched for yolka, and came up with no match, I posted the topic and received replies stating there is already a thread. Fine, checked the thread, and now everytime I come back to search for that thread, it tells me? you guessed it, no matches can be found.

Whats the problem? something I'm doing or is the search function less than it used to be?

cheers

Mon, Jan 2 2006 6:24
pumper
Posts 117
another way I used to find what was happening with threads I was involved in was to go to my posts, but I can;t seem to find that either. Is it still a valid function, or can you no longer look back thru the threads you replied to and/or started?
Mon, Jan 2 2006 6:39
funky2004
Amsterdam
Posts 90,340
Retired Moderator

Last summer Peachy cancelled its own searchtool (b.o. bandwidth) and switched to Google searchtool.  Google is indexing very slow. (even much slower lately is my impression - also sometimes you get straight idiotic results) causing a backlog in searchresults of approx. 8-10 weeks. That's why you will not find recent threads.

I've written a small program for Peachy search and use it as a plug-in for Opera. I'm still improving it, but right now I get approx.95% good searchresults.

If you mean with 'My Posts' the 'My Forums' option, then you're right. I've also noticed that this option isn't working properly anymore.

Mon, Jan 2 2006 8:26
shhs
Posts 6,255
 funky2004 wrote:

... Google is indexing very slow. (even much slower lately is my impression - also sometimes you get straight idiotic results) causing a backlog in searchresults of approx. 8-10 weeks. 

From my experience with FemJoy-girls it is more 12-14 weeks. Right now the latest thread shown is a locked one on Sabrina from August-20th  2005.

(I  know  my  theme thread is  in the  first position,  but that is because of its importance [google-judgement (!!!) - it shows that sometimes they.....] But the other strange thing is that yesterday in doing the search again, it showed results form April-June that did definately not show three weeks ago. Details in this post here:

http://www.peachyforum.com/forums/183059/ShowPost.aspx

Happened before with Danielle forum - but then I was not that sure it wasn't a mistake from me!!!

funky2004 wrote:

I've written a small program for Peachy search and use it as a plug-in for Opera. I'm still improving it, but right now I get approx.95% good searchresults.

Mmmhhhhmmm, Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape has still three unpatched securtiy problems. With Opera 8.5 (I think ) it is all patched. Mmmmhhhmmm, interesting.... when will the boolean magic tool  be available???

Tue, Jan 3 2006 0:07
pumper
Posts 117

thanks for clearing up the search function changes for me funky2004, I was getting frustrated with it.

Also my forums appears to be okay now, don't know what happened there.\

cheers for your help

Fri, Jan 6 2006 9:44
shhs
Posts 6,255
 lou2005 wrote:

Mmmhhhhmmm, Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape has still three unpatched securtiy problems. With Opera 8.5 (I think ) it is all patched. Mmmmhhhmmm, interesting.... when will the boolean magic tool  be available???

there is definetly need for magic tool - look at this pretty old forum here:
http://www.peachyforum.com/forums/28060/ShowPost.aspx

and then try to search for Shivay... No results. How do they index a site at google???!!!???
Fri, Jan 6 2006 10:23
funky2004
Amsterdam
Posts 90,340
Retired Moderator

lou2005 wrote:
...... How do they index a site at google???!!!???

In our case not at all anymore is my distinct feeling.....

(T.G. I'm self-supporting....)

Tue, Jan 10 2006 7:43
h8sh8
Posts 1,259
Yeah this is where the "peachy girls by site" section, if it were to expand, could be much more useful I think as it could help to replace searching, but it would be much better if we could start our own threads, instead of only a couple of people who can.
It be good if it were possible for others to get permission to start a thread in there, or even if just the people, who can already post there, would set one up for us by request and then make it the requesting persons responsibily to look after it.
Lou is already doing his own threads in the Rules page, which is very handy.
I understand it could get out of control if everyone starts threads in there, or would be messy if the original poster never updates it, but maybe another option would be another section for work in progress versions for everyone to post in, and then a resricted section with only updated index lists.

Tue, Jan 10 2006 8:23
shhs
Posts 6,255
Sounds pretty good, I agree with verve (is it the right spelling??!!??)
Tue, Jan 10 2006 10:22
funky2004
Amsterdam
Posts 90,340
Retired Moderator
 funky2004 wrote:

I'll put this searchtool at disposal of all my fellow-members a.s.a. it's working perfect. Some of them are already trying it out together with me for further optimizing. Might not take much more time now.  It's working independently of Peachy/Google. Already now pretty good searchresults.

Moreover, Vatsis announced in some other thread some time ago, that with next upgrade old searchtool might return.

No [N]

Thu, Jan 12 2006 21:20
matadorstuff
UK
Posts 2,518

h8sh8 wrote:
Yeah this is where the "peachy girls by site" section, if it were to expand, could be much more useful I think as it could help to replace searching, but it would be much better if we could start our own threads, instead of only a couple of people who can.
It be good if it were possible for others to get permission to start a thread in there, or even if just the people, who can already post there, would set one up for us by request and then make it the requesting persons responsibily to look after it.

I agree - the concept of the "Peachy girls by site" section is great, but why is it limited to only six sites, with those who wish to make the effort to index other sites forced to do so within the "rules" thread?

Come on people, this section shouldn't be neglected any longer, and more sites should have a thread... ATK, Sapphic Erotica, KarupsHA to name but three (which I suggested earlier, with no response). Cake [^] Geeked [8-|]

Fri, Jan 20 2006 21:34
jch1
Posts 4,583
Retired Moderator
this forum has come a long way, for the better, since i began posting. but, honestly, searching w/google is considerably worse than back in the day. very frustrating. i've already been burned once posting a new thread for a girl that already had one, and i've had a hard time searching links for several other girls.

for all the improvements that have been made over the last couple of years, is it really befitting of the best forum on the web to regress when it comes to searching?
Sat, Jan 21 2006 18:51
Hunter27
Classified
Posts 4,142
Retired Moderator
 h8sh8 wrote:
it would be much better if we could start our own threads - make it the requesting persons responsibily to look after it

That would be great, however the threads would still require additional moderation. But worse it's very unlikely that the requesting person would actually keep the thread updated. That, I think, would lead to some frustration. Not to mention the section would eventually clog up with hundreds of sites, defeating the purpose as you wouldn't be able to find the site your looking for...

I agree there should be some more sites there though. Perhaps Vatsis should allow "all mods" to begin threads for "any site" so long as the mod who creates it keeps the first post updated. I'll see what I can do.

Thu, Feb 16 2006 18:20
Osito
Quetzlzacatenango
Posts 654
I am the MASTER of LOCKED THREADS.

This is why: I am currently looling at the "PrivateGwen" thread, "PrivateGwen" is the thread title. If I go to the search tool and enter this exact text "PrivateGwen" I get no results.

Maybe this is due to Google's sloth-like indexing, or is it something on my end?

I also do not have much luck, although with some searches I do, with the partial url searches. Especially if its a long thread with a shit load of galleries and you don't want to add to the confusion.

Any suggestions?

Segways into.....some of my own suggestions which may help with searches...

Standardize thread titles.
(e.g. "PrivateGwen" or "Private Gwen" or "Private-Gwen" or "Gwen from Private Gwen") spaces or no spaces
-maybe prior to the post a script could run a checklist to ensure the "standardized" title, name, sites are included

Inclusion of most if not all aliases and site locales (Katrina from Katrina18, YBT, Nubiles)

I am just trying to think like a search engine, I use tgpextractor for a lot of searching so you get used to the peculiarities of url languages and all that jazz.

To conclude, I am the king of locked posts and I apologize for the Mods who have to continuously lock my reposts (nodding at Funky and KS)....I would like to relinquish this self-declared regal status. Let me of anything I could do to help.

-Oso
Thu, Feb 16 2006 18:50
funky2004
Amsterdam
Posts 90,340
Retired Moderator

Hi Osito !

Think we all agree the Google Searchtool sucks.  But presently there is no alternative.  Hopefully with the next upgrade (very soon) things will improve.

Indexing goes extremely slow causing a backlog of at least 4-5 months.

Threadtitles are very important i.o. to 'speed up' the indexing.  Now it has to index hundreds of times things like "who is she", "nice girl", "great boobies", "hot blonde" etc etc.

Once a girl has been identified the threadowner should really edit his post by changing the threadtitle into eg. Sharon (Karup's).

Mods do this as well.  Mods can do a lot, but not everything. Members (threadowners) should accept some responsibility as well...

Fri, Feb 17 2006 8:30
h8sh8
Posts 1,259
 Osito wrote:
Inclusion of most if not all aliases and site locales (Katrina from Katrina18, YBT, Nubiles)

When adding links to a thread, I usually post the site name and model name (if different) for this same reason.

I find it can be also be hard to find a model when she's got a Peachy shrine too if you have a different name for her - for example I had heaps of trouble finding Sarah Blake til I found out her other names (I knew she'd have to be here somewhere) - because the threads where previous people probably talked about all that don't exist anymore, except the newer discussion one.

I may give you a run for your money Oso with number of threads locked. I'm amazed how good some peoples memories are, let alone them finding the threads (if started after google indexing).

Speaking of google indexing - anyone noticed that Google indexes the General section much quicker than Request A Teen or other sections - the "1,2,3,4,5,6,7" and "Freshest Face" threads show up for example. Search "brea bennett" and they show up (because of my sig), but her thread doesn't.
Fri, Feb 17 2006 10:01
Vatsis
cold capital of Finland
Posts 3,384
SystemAdministrator
 h8sh8 wrote:

Speaking of google indexing - anyone noticed that Google indexes the General section much quicker than Request A Teen or other sections

That is because "google loves text" - it ranks higher pages with lots of keywords. What google "hates" is pages with similar content... it considers them as spam and very non-relative for search results (sentences like "who is this girl?", "the girls has been already requested", "thanks for sharing" etc.).

Fri, Feb 17 2006 10:38
shhs
Posts 6,255
 h8sh8 wrote:

- the "1,2,3,4,5,6,7" and "Freshest Face" threads show up for example. Search "brea bennett" and they show up (because of my sig), but her thread doesn't.

That's another goodie one from them. Lol.
Makes me wanna google all over...
Sleep [S]    Travel [ap]

Sort Posts: