Editing background colors and avatars

Fri, Apr 22 2005 10:50
misha770
usa
Posts 7

hi

I can't change green background to blue and can't upload new avatar urls or jpgs

I tried anyway and then clicked on 'update' or 'change' or whatever it is and the page just sits there with no response.

Btw I understand if it's just teething troubles though.

taSmile [:)]

Fri, Apr 22 2005 12:21
KS
Posts 6,089
Retired Moderator
About changing your theme:
 Vatsis wrote:
Reasons for changing the skin/layout

- upgrade to CS1, which means there are user directories, blogs, polls, guestbook, user galleries & lots of custom modules... but for now, let's try to get the old features 100% working

- The old one was a default skin, meaning there are tens of same looking sites... well, apart from that orange link color. Old skin was also a bit dull, didn't look exciting, funny or sexy. No branding whatsoever.

- out current one is resizable... meaning on bigger screens more stuff is visible and on small screens (like 640*480) you don't have to scroll horizontally - important when bigscreen phones or webtv's are more common

I did hand code this layout but was inspired by hundreds of sites I visited before doing anything. Being only a lousy programmer, I'm quite pleased as well.

There are also skins available to download for CS, but unfortunatelly I've decided to make peachy 'a brand', meaning you cannot change to another skin anymore on your profile... sorry about that. In addition it would be impossible to test all other skins (there are lots of other changes then a stylesheet). However, I might cycle them just like we had a Halloween skin some time back.

Unlike in the past, the bbs now requires that you submit a "private e-mail address"  This e-mail is only viewable by Vatsis.  It's also the e-mail that is used if you forget you Peacy PW.  Make sure this is entered and look for other red * or writing if you don't get redirected after changing your profile.

Sort Posts: