(MODS, PLEASE,) IS IT ME OR A QUIRK OF PEACHY FORUMS

Sat, Aug 5 2006 1:57
bishopmaximus3
Monastery Convent Of ORE
Posts 101

Dear Mods and Members, in an earlier post I wrote about movimg from the main page to a forum and back via the "forums" button to the main page and my details where missing there, as best I can explain what is happening:

I log in (no problem) there at the top of the page is:

Welcome back, bishopmaximus3 | Sign out | Help | Inbox
and at the right hand side "My Posts."

I then go to any forum, do what I want amd retun to the main page, using the "FORUMS" button at the top of the screen to retutm me.

Now the
Welcome back, bishopmaximus3 | Sign out | Help | Inbox has gone and so has "My Posts" and have been replaced by:
Welcome to PeachyForum Sign in | Join | Help and no "My Post" at the righthand side.

The only way I have found to get back from a forum, to the main page with the "welcome back," and "My Posts" or from writing, editing or replying to a post, is by using my browser back button, which at times take many "clicks" of the mouse.

Is It a quirk of the programming, my browser?  Does anyone have the same problem and is there a cure?

Thanks
Best Regards and Respects
Maximus

Sat, Aug 5 2006 4:23
jch1
Posts 4,583
Retired Moderator
is your browser (and firewall if you use one) set to accept peachy's cookies? you now need to be registered to access the forums (see http://peachyforum.com/forums/thread/253021.aspx) so that might be the problem.
Sat, Aug 5 2006 6:52
bishopmaximus3
Monastery Convent Of ORE
Posts 101

jch1:
is your browser (and firewall if you use one) set to accept peachy's cookies? you now need to be registered to access the forums (see http://peachyforum.com/forums/thread/253021.aspx) so that might be the problem.

Dear jch1 thanks for your reply, I am registered, and logged in, I can access and use all forums without any problems.

As far as I am aware I have cookies enabled in windows as for windows firewall, I would not know how to check or change that.

In Internet options / security I have trusted sites set to LOW, but do not know what portion of Peachy URL to cut and paste in there.

Any tech help regarding
Checking / Enabling peachy cookies in the browser IE 6 (win XP pro with service pack2) and the firewall would be appreciated

Thanks
Best regards and respects
Maximus

Mon, Aug 7 2006 8:26
bishopmaximus3
Monastery Convent Of ORE
Posts 101

Dear Mods any further help with this problem that is still persisting would be appreciated

thanks

Maximus

Mon, Aug 7 2006 9:06
Vatsis
cold capital of Finland
Posts 3,384
SystemAdministrator

When you get the main page without "welcome" after logging in, try to hit "refresh" -button at the top... or click F5 or right click with mouse & select "refresh". Can you then see the "welcome" -text again?

Mon, Aug 7 2006 10:25
bishopmaximus3
Monastery Convent Of ORE
Posts 101
Vatsis:

When you get the main page without "welcome" after logging in, try to hit "refresh" -button at the top... or click F5 or right click with mouse & select "refresh". Can you then see the "welcome" -text again?

Dear Vatism thank you, that would appear to have solved the proble. (LOL now I only need to find out why my link in my puff / metart maul is not working - funny 2 do 1 does not - but that's at my end.....)

Thanks again
Best Regards and Respects
Maximus

Sort Posts: