OPERA AND PEACHYFORUM ???

Fri, Feb 12 2010 18:42
atman
Posts 2

HOLA GENTE, HASTA HACE UN MES TODO FUNCIONABA BIEN !!! QUE PASO??

SIEMPRE HE USADO OPERA CON PEACHYFORUM PERO AHORA NO SE PORQUE? NO TERMIONA DE CARGAR LA PAGINA DE PEACHYFORUM, ALGUIEN PUEDE EXPLICARME SI HAY CAMBIOS??

GRACIAS ATMAN

HELLO PEOPLE, UNTIL ONE MONTH AGO EVERYTHING WAS WORKING WELL!!! THAT I SPEND(PASS)??

ALWAYS I HAVE USED OPERA WITH PEACHYFORUM BUT NOW I DO NOT KNOW BECAUSE? NOT TERMIONA GIVES TO LOAD PEACHYFORUM's PAGE, SOMEONE CAN EXPLAIN TO ME IF THERE ARE CHANGES?? 
THANK YOU ATMAN

Sat, Feb 13 2010 0:13
Vatsis
cold capital of Finland
Posts 3,384
SystemAdministrator

Hello - there were a minor changes on the top menu and login links. What is your operating system? Windows or Mac?

Unfortunately Opera is not on our supported browsers list. Please try our pages with a new Internet Explorer or Firefox and tell us if you got everything working.

Sat, Feb 13 2010 1:01
funky2004
Amsterdam
Posts 90,340
Retired Moderator

According to my own experience Firefox 3.5/9 works perfect.  Don't recommend to use new Firefox 3.6 with Peachy, too many javascript errors. Not clear if it's b.o. Peachy or FF3.6.

A good alternative is latest version of IE 8.  A lot of people despise I.E.,  but it improved a lot compared with earlier versions.

Wed, Feb 24 2010 13:17
Mat666
Posts 30
I`m using Opera in 10.10 version. Everything looks fine.
Sun, Apr 18 2010 23:27
Zyxak
Melbourne AU
Posts 255
[quote user="funky2004"]Don't recommend to use new Firefox 3.6 with Peachy, too many javascript errors. Not clear if it's b.o. Peachy or FF3.6.[/quote] I'm pretty sure it's Peachy at fault. I've been using the latest version of Firefox, 3.63, since the beginning of April without a problem. Until very recently I've had no trouble using the enhanced editor and posting pictures. My most recent picture post was 16 April so the problem occurred sometime after that. Edit: After posting this I see that the editor is not even formatting paragraphs with hard or soft enter.
Mon, Apr 19 2010 0:38
funky2004
Amsterdam
Posts 90,340
Retired Moderator

[quote user="Zyxak"]  . I've been using the latest version of Firefox, 3.63, since the beginning of April without a problem. Until very recently I've had no trouble using the enhanced editor and posting pictures. My most recent picture post was 16 April so the problem occurred sometime after that. Edit: After posting this I see that the editor is not even formatting paragraphs with hard or soft enter.[/quote]

That's true.  Since 2-3 days there's a problem - like you described - when using FF (all versions).  It seems to have been caused by some bugs in latest Windows updates.  Vatsis is working on it.  All other most common browsers are working fine. (IE8 and Chrome etc)

Mon, Apr 19 2010 7:26
Zyxak
Melbourne AU
Posts 255
[quote user="funky2004"]It seems to have been caused by some bugs in latest Windows updates.[/quote] I disagree. My last Windows Update was at 03:00 (+10:00) on 16 April. This required a re-boot. My last successful picture post was at 03:36 (+10:00) on 16 April. After the update. BTW Peachy's Time Zone settings need adjusting. Although I have my zone set as +10:00 all posts indicate an hour later. Edit: For instance, I posted this at 00:26 (+10:00) but Peachy shows it as 01:26.
Mon, Apr 19 2010 10:06
funky2004
Amsterdam
Posts 90,340
Retired Moderator

I was referring to Windows network-updates on which Peachyforum is running

Mon, Apr 19 2010 10:10
Zyxak
Melbourne AU
Posts 255
[quote user="funky2004"]I was referring to Windows network-updates on which Peachyforum is running[/quote] Ah, fair enough. Leave it to Microsoft to fix one bug and introduce two more. If nothing else, it keeps their debuggers busy.
Mon, Apr 19 2010 13:58
Zyxak
Melbourne AU
Posts 255
[quote user="funky2004"]All other most common browsers are working fine. (IE8 and Chrome etc)[/quote] I just tried to reply in Chrome 4.1.249.1045 and there's no enhanced editor. IE8 and IE8 64-bit work OK. I'm using Vista Ultimate x64 (SP2) with all updates.
Tue, Apr 20 2010 3:35
Zyxak
Melbourne AU
Posts 255
More Javascript problems... In Firefox I'm trying to sign in but when I click on the"Sign in" button nothing happens. This is what the button is trying to do... javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$bcr$ctl00$ctl03$loginButton','') * Posted with Chrome (no enhanced editor), unable to use Firefox at all.
Tue, Apr 20 2010 10:45
funky2004
Amsterdam
Posts 90,340
Retired Moderator

[quote user="Zyxak"]More Javascript problems... In Firefox .[/quote]

As said Vatsis is working on it.  Apart from enhanced editor I am not having any problems with FF.  I've temporarily switched off Javascript FF add-ons which are not absolutely essential.  Maybe you should do same.

Wed, Apr 21 2010 4:19
Zyxak
Melbourne AU
Posts 255

Update:

The enhanced editor is now working again.  However, now Quote is not working.

I have tested this with Firefox 3.63 and Chrome 4.1.249.1059.

Further:

I just tested this on IE8 and IE8 64-bit.  Same behaviour.

It seems, in all browsers, that when you select text and hit the Quote button nothing appears in the Compose window but when you switch to the Preview window the quoted text is there.

Wed, Apr 21 2010 6:11
funky2004
Amsterdam
Posts 90,340
Retired Moderator

[quote user="Zyxak"]

The enhanced editor is now working again.  However, now Quote is not working.

I have tested this with Firefox 3.63 and Chrome 4.1.249.1059.[/quote]

"quote" is working with me for Chrome but not with FF

[quote user="Zyxak"] I just tested this on IE8 and IE8 64-bit.  Same behaviour.[/quote]

With IE8 everything is working fine for me.  No bugs.

Wed, Apr 21 2010 7:11
Zyxak
Melbourne AU
Posts 255

I dunno what to say.  I still getting exactly the same behaviour as I described earlier in all 4 browsers.

The only way I can get quoted text is if I change the URL to ...&Quote=True

Thu, Apr 22 2010 12:17
Vatsis
cold capital of Finland
Posts 3,384
SystemAdministrator

Quote -button now fixed for all browsers but Firefox.

It seems somehow the button & advanced editor cannot live together... without some kind of fix.

Thu, Apr 22 2010 21:06
Zyxak
Melbourne AU
Posts 255
[quote user="Vatsis"]

Quote -button now fixed for all browsers but Firefox.

It seems somehow the button & advanced editor cannot live together... without some kind of fix.

[/quote]

I can confirm that Quote is working in Chrome.

Would it be possible to add a Quote button in the thread next to the Favorites, Edit & Replybuttons?  I've seen this in other forums.  The reply URL is the same except for "&Quote=True" on the end.

This is how I managed to quote you in this reply using Firefox.  I manually changed the URL.

Edit: In my haste to test Quote in Chrome I failed to notice that the enhanced editor is not present.  Also, in Firefox, several options are missing from the enhanced editor: font family, font size, colour selector.

FYI this is the enhanced editor as I see it in Firefox 3.63: http://img.whirltools.com/i/peachyff.png">http://img.whirltools.com/i/peachyff.png

I just checked my settings and it's definitely set to Enhanced but it seems Firefox is only getting the Standard editor and Chrome is getting nothing.  Strange!

Thu, Apr 22 2010 23:30
Vatsis
cold capital of Finland
Posts 3,384
SystemAdministrator

The reason there are differences with Enhanced editors between IE and Firefox is that firefox is using custom, hand-made Javascript-settings... and they are for Standard only. But I'll be working with this issue later on today... I'll post updates.

Sort Posts: