Upgraded to new version of PeachyForum!

Mon, Oct 9 2006 14:44
Vatsis
cold capital of Finland
Posts 3,384
SystemAdministrator

I was planning to continue testing for another few weeks, but got tired of seeing lots of problems slowdowns & people getting logged out.

Please report all bugs etc. on this thread - hopefully everything went fine!

Mon, Oct 9 2006 15:44
alibaba126
Posts 991

Is it me or are there problems with accessing the forum with firefox?

Ali

Mon, Oct 9 2006 15:47
Superevil
Floriduh
Posts 3,472
alibaba126:

Ali

What kind of problem are you experiencing? 

Mon, Oct 9 2006 15:53
alibaba126
Posts 991
When using a proxy, i'm unable to login. Thirst i thought it was something with the proxy itself, but then i used a different proxy, same thing.
Mon, Oct 9 2006 16:03
Superevil
Floriduh
Posts 3,472
That seems to be pretty common for the time being. I'm having problems staying logged in. If I close firefox and reopen I have to log back in, it's been like this for about 2 days for me. I would just suggest giving it a little more time.  
Mon, Oct 9 2006 16:21
alibaba126
Posts 991

Ah ok, I will, it's not a problem for me.

And V. keep up the good work! Thumbs up!

Mon, Oct 9 2006 16:27
buckshot
Posts 642

i've had to sign in twice today. it worked fine this time. oh well no big thing as long as i can log in

Mon, Oct 9 2006 16:32
funky2004
Amsterdam
Posts 90,340
Retired Moderator

Maybe you should remove the old Peachy cookies....??

Mon, Oct 9 2006 16:33
mottlicker
Newcastle Upon Tyne, England/UK
Posts 1,533
Retired Moderator
Having the same logging in problem with good old internet explorer, we'll just have to be patient like Superevil says.There's bound to be some gliches with the new set up.
Mon, Oct 9 2006 16:43
mottlicker
Newcastle Upon Tyne, England/UK
Posts 1,533
Retired Moderator
funky2004:

Big Smile thats the biz funkyBig Smile

Mon, Oct 9 2006 17:46
shhs
Posts 6,255
alibaba126:

Ali

It is the other way round for me - no problems with Mozilla (although my installation is a little bit f**** up) but problems logging in with opera...

And here my first impressions:

+ nice new feature - active forums Big Smile
(it seems to be collecting the latest posts not the activity of users - so maybe a better title would be "latest posts" or "latest additions")
[really liked the update in the last version - that little window-preview of the 'my post'-section on main page Good Job! ]

+ then adding a smiley is much more simple...Thumbs up! Purple Elephant

+ and also editing a thread with expired picture links in it works very well now ! ! !
( tested it with threads containing those awful expired cover sheets from FEMJOY - a real relieve... )

+ it seems the old crossed formatting of letters is still gone back again ! ! ! Worship Good Job!

+ nice new smiley  ROFL! (at least did not really find it in last version)

now to the not so/less optimised features:

[- normal enter generates 1,5 line off-set (although I know that also depends on os-system and browser etc. so this is in brackets]

- speed did not really improve like last time/ with update in February...

- no more sizing of letters - one size fits all purposes....Horrified [:'(]

- display of crying smiley does not work - at least with Mozilla. {In line above it only shows  :'(  in brackets...}

-  and where are the colors for letters???

- there seems to be a bug with lay-out of request-a-teen forum with Mozilla:
   replies and views figures are not in the normal frames - they float freely in the right yellow column !!!
   ( no probs in other forums...)

And what is the new tags-section about?? Is it a rework of the old favourites-bug... ehhhh, I mean favourites-feature???

Foremost it seems: upgrading was pretty easy - no hourlong unavailability like last time  Thumbs up! Worship Good Job!

Mon, Oct 9 2006 17:46
alibaba126
Posts 991
mottlicker:
funky2004:

Big Smile thats the biz funkyBig Smile

I tried that already, didn't work for me though.. I'll just be patient :-)

Mon, Oct 9 2006 18:17
maddog68
Moscow, Russia
Posts 2,073

Hey, so, a couple of quick questions:

1.  Where are the locked threads?  I noticed now that they are completely missing, even if you bookmark them.  Sometimes these serve some purpose, at least short term...  perhaps it was your thread and you need to see the corrected thread, post, etc.

2.  What about picture uploads?  Will all pictures now have to be hosted?

3.  I also have some login problems with IE7.  Also, I went to change my password tonight in the middle of some service on your end - I'm not sure if the change went through or not.

4.  My join date, as well as everybody else, is displayed - did I do this or is it new?

5.  What are tags?

6.  For the new favorites, is it possible to do a favorite for a whole thread, or just the larger forum or smaller post?

Tue, Oct 10 2006 5:42
Vatsis
cold capital of Finland
Posts 3,384
SystemAdministrator

Lou... our PeachyBetaTester, already waited your post. 

lou2005:
+ nice new feature - active forums Big Smile
(it seems to be collecting the latest posts not the activity of users - so maybe a better title would be "latest posts" or "latest additions")
[really liked the update in the last version - that little window-preview of the 'my post'-section on main page Good Job! ]

It might be the active-posts -window will go away... not sure yet if people want to see new, unsorted threads...?

lou2005:

+ then adding a smiley is much more simple...Thumbs up! Purple Elephant
+ and also editing a thread with expired picture links in it works very well now ! ! !
+ it seems the old crossed formatting of letters is still gone back again ! ! ! Worship Good Job!
+ nice new smiley  ROFL! (at least did not really find it in last version)

Nice to hear that... yes, it should make things better, but the real features haven't showed up (yet).

lou2005:

- speed did not really improve like last time/ with update in February...

Threads are still being indexed for the search... forums being indexed are all subforums for the Archives -section. If the search is fast, I'll extend the indexing to other forums as well.

lou2005:

- no more sizing of letters - one size fits all purposes....Horrified [:'(]
- display of crying smiley does not work - at least with Mozilla. {In line above it only shows  :'(  in brackets...}
-  and where are the colors for letters???
- there seems to be a bug with lay-out of request-a-teen forum with Mozilla:
   replies and views figures are not in the normal frames - they float freely in the right yellow column !!!
   ( no probs in other forums...)

The new version seems to have a new editor - read from CommunityServer website the old one was tossed out because of performance problems.

However, you could go to your Control Panel and turn on the Enchanced content editor & try if it works with Mozilla.

lou2005:
And what is the new tags-section about?? Is it a rework of the old favourites-bug... ehhhh, I mean favourites-feature???

Tags are a common way to freely categorizise posts... for example, a girl name Alena who's from MET could have tags like "red-head Alena MET Met-art Alenia" and those will eventually be given more weight when using our new search.

Tue, Oct 10 2006 8:22
mrspock
Posts 1,633

Vatsis:

Nice to hear that... yes, it should make things better, but the real features haven't showed up (yet).

Sounds good, please tell us more.

Vatsis:

Threads are still being indexed for the search... forums being indexed are all subforums for the Archives -section. If the search is fast, I'll extend the indexing to other forums as well.

I'll cross my fingers! Thumbs up!

Vatsis:

Tags are a common way to freely categorizise posts... for example, a girl name Alena who's from MET could have tags like "red-head Alena MET Met-art Alenia" and those will eventually be given more weight when using our new search.

Sounds good!

Wed, Oct 11 2006 17:31
Spookman
Posts 296

I am using Firefox.  As the others have mentioned I have to login with each visit. 

Also what happened to the menu in the control panel?  At first I though they weren't working any more but now it just seems as the display of the menu is messed up.

In this part:

Signature and Bio
About
Email
Site Options
Password and Statistics
Favorites

It looks like just text now and not a menu and the menu items are all squished together just like I posted here.

Wed, Oct 11 2006 17:53
shhs
Posts 6,255

Hi spookman,

here is the solution to your problem posted in the other thread on new version:

lou2005:

andylo:

The 'new' Control Panel is only a collection of messy texts, nothing is clickable, there are no tabs ... nothing is 'hypertexted' ...

Try clicking on the first letter of name/specification, e.g. Avatar ! Wink 

Fri, Oct 13 2006 3:32
Vatsis
cold capital of Finland
Posts 3,384
SystemAdministrator

Okey, sorry for delay - had to keep a seminar this week. Let's see:

maddog68:
1.  Where are the locked threads?  I noticed now that they are completely missing, even if you bookmark them. 

Removed locked threads from Request a teen -forum - sorry for not mentioning that before, but had to remove them so the new search engine (still indexing posts) will get it's job done faster & give better results. The whole reason for locking them wasn't keep them forever, just for a few days to give the original poster an idea why his thread is about to be removed.

maddog68:
2.  What about picture uploads?  Will all pictures now have to be hosted?

There is still a tab to "Options" where you can add a pic - however, it's messed up so you must click it from non-clickable text "ComposeOptionsRelatedPreview" at the top of the edit screen... I'll try to fix it.

maddog68:
3.  I also have some login problems with IE7.  Also, I went to change my password tonight in the middle of some service on your end - I'm not sure if the change went through or not.

At the time being, IE7 hasn't come out yet and it's not supported. When more & more % of users will start to use it, I can start testing it more... and I only install it when over 50% of the IE visitors use 7 instead of 6.

maddog68:
5.  What are tags?

http://peachyforum.com/forums/thread/310654.aspx

maddog68:
6.  For the new favorites, is it possible to do a favorite for a whole thread, or just the larger forum or smaller post?

Even the previous version of PeachyForum had favorites, but I disabled that feature - not yet sure if it will stay in this version. It's about a) how much processing power it takes b) if people find it confusing since we already have "my threads", which are actually the threads you have posted an answer to.

Fri, Oct 13 2006 4:00
mrspock
Posts 1,633

I don't know what you have done to the layout in the last hour Vatsis, but it's good! Tabs are ok, it seems to be faster and poll-questions are much better to read now. Good work, just keep it! Good Job!

Fri, Oct 13 2006 5:27
shhs
Posts 6,255
mrspock:

I don't know what you have done to the layout in the last hour Vatsis, but it's good! 

Seems it is back to normal, altough it was kinda nice!!??!!

Only problem where the quotation boxes - should have a different color from normal white background there - e.g. a light gray or so...Good Job!

Sort Posts: