The State of Peachy

Tue, Jul 12 2005 13:30
Osito
Quetzlzacatenango
Posts 654
Saludos a Todos,

I was away on business for a month or so, isolated from the internet and much of the amenities afforded and taken for granted in my day-to-day activities. All in all its good thing to take a break from this reality and enter another, it helps provide perspective on just about everything. This post intends to comment on one of my realities: Peachy18, my first and only forum I visit daily and have so for an extended period of time . Do I post alot? No. Am I lurker? Am somewhat particular about when and what I post. Yes.

With that, I was quite surprised to return to Peachy and find so many changes, upset to see some of my favorite threads placed in limbo, even further disturbed by why this had to happen. I have spent the last week or so hanging around, going through threads i missed, the comments and shenanigans that make this place what it is and provides a reason for me to come back and see what people have to say, think, or advise.

In general, I have to give my respects to Vatsis, KS, and the Mods(congrats to the new guys) for keeping this place up and running. Upon understanding the present circumstances I must say that I am surprised that the Forum is up and running...legally. Period. Moreover, with all the work everyone has put into this place(I don't do shit):

IT'S STILL FREE!!!!

To wrap things up I think its important for everyone to understand one overall  and all-encompassing virtue:

PATIENCE

Whether its the Admins, Mods, or members, things seem to change day-to day, without notice and that's just how it is at this point. I simply suggest that if you're member and something doesn't work or if any bullshit occurs with the board or your posts, I would react with a better understanding of the larger picture, its certainly isn't personal. At this stage, I am pretty sure that if Vatsis doesn't cover his ass he could easily head to jail where he'll really need to cover his ass. Hence, the best bet is to ask one of the Admins or Mods about a problem(e.g. Pajero's Bad Link Post) and they will explain it quite thoroughly. The folks running this place certainly don't do it for the money but they certainly act like they get paid. If you think I'm kissing ass then go to another forum and see the indifference with which some Mods can and will treat you.

With that, I am very impressed with the "State of Peachy", all things considered. I hope that this place can maintain because its without a doubt the best Forum on the web, hands down.

Cheers, Oso
Tue, Jul 12 2005 15:14
pajero
mucho paja hoy
Posts 231
I have to agree with you completely, in the state of multi-national regs I have nothing but the utmost repect for the admins and mods. It has been a frustrating last month here for the regular wankers, so I can't even imagine what it is like to keep this forum going for Vatsis,KS and the crew.
All I can say is thanks for all your efforts and understanding.
P
Tue, Jul 12 2005 15:35
drumasteruk
sunny south coast
Posts 1,573

WELL PUT OSITO

Welcome to the group of

members who understand the

current problems.

To everyone, don't get upset

and angry, serendipidty! it will

come right in the end!