Volunteering to Cleaning up threads

Thu, Feb 16 2006 18:34
Osito
Quetzlzacatenango
Posts 654
May I suggest that members volunteer to go through some of the longer and older threads to:

1. Consolidate and collect the working links
2. ID re-directs or dead-links from older posts
3. Organize the links to their respective sets
3. Re-post the remaining working links

This is something I used to see KS do a lot, other Mods and some members have takend this initiative as well. It can really help with the reposting. I know that many of us do not have the patience to peruse 14 pages of prior postings and just dump an old link/set, which I could care less about, its always good to have a backup that sort of thing. What has gotten under my sking more recently are the moronic responses like "Yeah old set" "Can somebody please post something new, these are old galleries" Especially when this is directed to members who have paid their dues and might be new to a specific thread.

Or is there a way for each link to be indexed, each new link post, and could the list, in entirety, be accesible or be placed as a sticky at the start of the thread?

I am digressing, anyway, I would certainly volunteer to go through certain threads and collect all of the working links and re-post them.

Maybe other members could volunteer and take some responsibility off of the Mods and also clue in some of the more small-minded individuals.

Let me know. Oso
Thu, Feb 16 2006 19:01
funky2004
Amsterdam
Posts 90,340
Retired Moderator

Think that with next version of Peachy software, there's (again) a feature for sifting out dead links.  At least that's what I've read on CommunityServer website.

Very much appreciate your offer, but maybe we should wait for the coming upgrade (within a few weeks)

In the meantime there's a way (especially for very long threads) to see all posted links at one glance:

example: Alice (fromGalitsin) thread:

http://www.peachyforum.com/grablinks.aspx?PostId=55903

Sort Posts: